Learning Support Assistant ORS Advert May 2023
Maunu School is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work with a Year 5 student in our Senior Syndicate area of the school, supporting an ORS student with high health needs.
This position is an incredibly rewarding opportunity for someone who has an interest, experience, and passion for Special Education.
The successful applicant will be someone who builds trusting and respectful relationships with tamariki and whānau, to ensure the best outcomes for our tamariki. Our school has a strong belief and practice of inclusion.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 27 ½ hours. Term-time only.
Pay Rate Grade B/C with Tiaki allowance (step depending on experience).
Experience supporting a child who has high health needs.
This position includes
- supporting the student move around the school in a wheelchair and with all physical mobility e.g. getting them in and out of the wheelchair
- feeding the student (Gastrostomy Tube Feeding)
- toileting, changing the student
An understanding / experience of Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy, Dystonia, ASD, CVI (Vision Impaired) ASD, Non-Verbal is an advantage.
To be considered for this position, you must be:
- Energetic and passionate about working with children with high needs
- Excited to work in a dynamic team environment
- Proactive and able to contribute your strengths and talents
- Flexible and have a sense of humour
- Able to set clear boundaries and manage general behaviour with consistency
- Able to work with specialists and agencies
- Understand the need for confidentiality and good communication
- The ability to handle stressful situations
You will be required to be a NZ Resident or have a NZ Work Visa and be police vetted as this position is working with children.
Staff are very well supported in our school, where they have access to outstanding professional learning and development to support them with our teaching and learning approach.
We welcome visits to the school to meet the child and see our working environment.
Send your CV and completed application form with names and contacts of 2 referees to:
attention Carolyn Boyce-Bacon, Office manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with the right skill set and work ethic.
The details of this position and the application process, can be found on the school’s website; www.maunu.school.nz/job opportunities or email to Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the links for more information and to download the application form.
Maunu-School-Application-for-Appointment ORS & Health Health Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant Job Description 2023 To be co-constructed and finalised on appointment